dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Mini Browser

Mini Browser / Navigation

Hi all,

I would like to simulate the functionality of a web browser in my flash file. Here is the scenerio:

1) I need a window
    Should I use a Scrollbar/DynTextfield?, Scrollpane?, Other?

2) This window should be able to load?/reference? external text or HTML? files. When I click a button, the movie progresses to the next frame where my window is and loads the first external file.

Page 1
    |--> links to page 2
    |--> links to page 5
    Page 2
    |--> links to page 3
    etc.

3) These files need to have hyperlinks to other files. Basically, a mini browser.

I have no idea how to accomplish this. Just so you know, this post could also have gone in the "Newbie" forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been told it is rather easy to do.

Thanks,
    D.

[Edited by dloeppky on 06-12-2002 at 12:34 PM]

What do you expect from us...

Doing it for ya!!!

Don't think so....

Start your project ... when you get in front of a problem try to find a solution with all the help you could find on macromedia site , on tutorial or from the flashkit movie section ...

Then if you have problem that you can't solve by yourself come tu us and ask... It will be my pleasure to help ya...

I have started the project. I guess what I really want to know is, is it possible? Is it difficult to do? I have been searching for tutorials that address my problem but have yet to find an elegant solution. Can you point me in the right direction?

I do have one MX specific question:

I create a MC and inside put a Dynamic Textfield and then attach a Scrollbar to it. When I add an instance of the MC in the main clip, the scrollbar does not work. What am I doing wrong? If I do the same steps inside the main clip, it works fine.

Cheers,
    D.

Originally posted by trionik
    What do you expect from us...

Doing it for ya!!!

Don't think so....

Start your project ... when you get in front of a problem try to find a solution with all the help you could find on macromedia site , on tutorial or from the flashkit movie section ...

Then if you have problem that you can't solve by yourself come tu us and ask... It will be my pleasure to help ya...

well i have to admit that i don't know much about macromedia components.... I think they don't worth crap and i use my own ... But since i told you that it would make me a pleasure to help you send me your file at

bm@brandnewimage.com

I'll try to find out what's wrong...