A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash MX seems very slow...

I'm now using MX, and it seems to respond very slowly to the keyboard and mouse. I'm on a Mac. It's incredibly annoying.

For instance, using the space bar to get the hand tool, or clicking on the "Insert" menu (or an other) to have it open up, or to click a keyframe in the timeline, etc. Basically everything.

I've done nothing to my OS, or to Flash, just installed the upgrade. Could it be memory alotted for he application itself? Why is MX slow?

Thanks
    vp

What OS u running? 9.2.2? 9.1? Since flash runs natively in X it should technically be faster in X than in 9.x, however I'm still on 9.2.2 and it works like a dream, try giving flash more memory and make shure you arent running to many other apps at the same time! Would help if you posted a bit more specs, Ram, OS, CPU and so on.

Right more info helps. I have a G4 533mHz, 768 megs of RAM, OS 9.2.2. I have given it extra memory, but it doesn't seem to help much. Maybe add a little more.

With all the ram it shouldn't be a big problem to have a few apps open, though this occurs with only one or two open.

Eventually I will upgrade to OSX, but for now this is the situation. If you think of any other possibilities, let me know...

thanks
    vp

ok, well on a G$ with 768 mb ram it should work fine, I'm running a G3 with 512 mb ram and I have no problems... Maybe try installing again, also try posting the problem in an apple forum
    http://www.apple.com//support ... might be an OS problem... other than that I'm pretty stumped