dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: another big problem!!!

my site si really slow on other viewers screen how can i fix this problem not loading up the framerate is incredibly slow .......

bump i reall need help

plz

Umm, could you give me the URL.

Well I checked your homepage using the helpful links everyone seems to miss under posts labeled "Profile | Email | Homepage " to name a few. Those do come in handy when someone forgets to post a link guys.

But first thing is first. Your site is slow because you have way too many animations going on at once. If you notice...some of the best sites out there keep animation at once to a minimum such as 2advanced.com for lack of a better example right now. You have to remember maybe if you own a 1.5GHz w/256MB of RAM it plays smoothly, but what about all those with lesser specs? You gotta cater to as broad an audience as possible unless you are targeting high end users only.

The other thing is your site is designed at a full 800x600. Your user will have to scroll vertically AND horizontally if they are running 800x600 (which most typical end users who aren't developers are). Unless you popped your site up fullscreen with no button bars and such. But that is a no no in today's design standards. Having to scroll a site vertically isn't a bad thing...it is the dreaded horizontal scroll that should NEVER be used. Of course this wasn't a problem for me as I am running 1280x1024, but that is a different story.

Just a few things I noticed...