A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: SUPER EASY QUESTION!!!!!................................

Action is louder than word
    I have built a button. I have added a hyperlink to the button. I cannot get the "over" state to stay displayed when the mouse is over the link. I define the hit area, but that doesn't seem to matter when I have a hyper link. Here is the link. <http://www.hawaii5point0.com/link.html> Please HELP ME!! I am pulling my hair out.

Dano

hhmmmmm

wat did u used for hit state did u use the 'Link' graphics or a box? f u did use a box, check ur alignment, from wat i saw wen i tried to position the mouse pointer just before the word 'Link' (right side of the button) the 'testing123' already appeared, instead of appear only wen i position the mouse pointer over the word 'Link' right?
    nyways hope this helps=)

hhhmmmm

also use both the 'Link' graphics & box (put box on a separate layer) for your hit state

Re: hhhmmmm

Originally posted by estong
    also use both the 'Link' graphics & box (put box on a separate layer) for your hit state

I changed the "hit" box to a different layer than the "link", and still the same problem.

hhhmmmmmmm

can i have ur email address so i can send the .fla i've created to better explain it. thanks

Re: hhhmmmmmmm

can i have ur email address so i can send the .fla i've created to better explain it. thanks
    dano@hawaii5point0.com

This is great. Thank you.

hhhmmmmmm

i've done sending it, its in flash MX format. f u pefer a lower version of the fla. just tell me k

Re: hhhmmmmmm

i've done sending it, its in flash MX format. f u pefer a lower version of the fla. just tell me k
    Man- you are great for taking the time to do that.

When I put a hyperlink to the text (in the file you sent me), it still comes up with the same problem. It is the hyperlinks fault completely. I just can't figure it out.

hhhmmmmmmmmmmm

if you want the button to link to a URL, say yahoo.com, use the same button u've created put it on the stage/scene, in order for the button to go to ur URL link, ur going to put an actionscript on the button action (right click on the button u've just place on the stage and click Action) on your Action dialog box: u should have the ff. script:

on (press) {

getURL("www.yahoo.com","_blank"); //this will open another window for your URL link

}

hope this helps.

Re: hhhmmmmmmmmmmm

if you want the button to link to a URL, say yahoo.com, use the same button u've created put it on the stage/scene, in order for the button to go to ur URL link, ur going to put an actionscript on the button action (right click on the button u've just place on the stage and click Action) on your Action dialog box: u should have the ff. script:

on (press) {

getURL("www.yahoo.com","_blank"); //this will open another window for your URL link

}

hope this helps.
    HUGE HELP. Exactly what I needed. Anytime I can return the favor I would jump at the opportunity.

dano

hhhmmmmmmmmmmmm

update me when ur work is done=)
    thanks