dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help with 3DFA and Visual Basic

A little off topic, but...

On Macromedia's site, I had been reading about a Flash ActiveX control. Is there some way to use this in Visual Basic to show a 3DFA Flash movie in VB? Is it possible to resize the screen to make it fullscreen at 640 X 480 (Not resize the movie, just the screen to make it work with DX8 DirectDraw)?

Help would be appreciated, but you may/may not be able to, I understand you may not have VB.

Hello ajcompany,

I'm not aware of the Flash ActiveX control but I've used the web browser control to show a flash movie. I simply used the html file that 3dfa produces to show the movie in a VB application.

Also, you can use the object browser in VB6 to determine what the hooks are into the control itself. If they're not self-evident then you'll need to either find details about the control or use the old 'trial and error' technique.

It's also possible to resize the screen. You can find info on this on the web. I've not done it but have seen code for it. It uses an API call to the windows os so you'll need to first find the details of the API and then declare this in your app.

If I can find the details again I'll let you know.

HTH a little,
    Ed

Try this link for changing the screen res.

http://www.vb-world.net/articles/screenres/

Originally posted by ajcompany
    A little off topic, but...

On Macromedia's site, I had been reading about a Flash ActiveX control. Is there some way to use this in Visual Basic to show a 3DFA Flash movie in VB? Is it possible to resize the screen to make it fullscreen at 640 X 480 (Not resize the movie, just the screen to make it work with DX8 DirectDraw)?

Help would be appreciated, but you may/may not be able to, I understand you may not have VB.
    I know there are Flash Active X controls for VB and the SWF file that 3dfa creates should function just like any other SWF, so the Control should have no trouble. All SWF files are scaleable.