A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: help on morphing buttons

Question

Now that I know how to morph thanx to your tutorials I was wondering how do I make morphing buttons when someone mouses over the button....i tried but there are only those four active frames for the button,,how do i creat a morph in just those four frames?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

hmmm one way is:
    make your morph as an movie and with a right click in your library tell tat movie its a graphic. go back to your button and on the "on mouse" layer drag in your new graphic.
    It works fine

cheers sa4
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00001422.swf" quality=high WIDTH=400 HEIGHT=60 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Question

How could i get an morph animation into the library? I though I furst have to make a symbol then decide what it will be when i insert as symbol? Please I am lost with this.
    Thanks

Arrow

All you have to do is create the original symbol (the movie with the morph) as a movie clip. Then insert it into the over action of the button you create.

Unhappy

Still cant figur it out....Ok what do I have to do...insert new symbol..choose movie clip for symbol right? Then make the animation right? Then make the button symbol right? Then edit the button and make the up state of it right? Then do I have to go to windows->library and convert that morph movie clip into a graphic then do what? I tried to drag and drop the morph into the down fram up in the timeline but it wont let you. And this is all supposed to all happen on same layer within just those four button frames right?

no no no your confusing yourself

if you want a button to morph into something else when the mouse is over it ..... first make the picture of the button on the main timeline and convert it to a symbol -button and name it...now right click on the button and click edit now click on the over frame and press F6 now click on the down frame and press F6 and then click on the hit frame and press F6. now click on the image in the over frame and convert into symbol movie clip and name it. now right click on it and edit.....now paste the animation of the button morphing into that and test it........equally you can turn the down frame into a symbol - movie clip and paste the animation into there....it depends whether you want the button to morph when it's clicked or rolled over ... have fun

mike

------------------
    Take advantage of what you have because you could loose it in a second.....21/03/00
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000773.swf" quality=high WIDTH=350 HEIGHT=60 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>