A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: MX complete page

Hi Guys

Firstly GREAT SITE>>>>>>>>>>>>

I am new to Flash, but would like to create a complete site with only Flash MX, I would really appreciate any help what so ever, just simple stuff like, is it best to use get url, go and play ,Stop that sort of thing, I plan to use the usual cool flash intro then into my site, one thing that I really would like to complete first is the menu, just simple words that display a pop up style option with further choices, christ it now sounds like i'm asking for %*& to be wiped as well...

Anyway I look forward to any response. thankx in advance

another new one........

Flashkit Jedi

I don't really know what you are asking, but with any 'complete flash site' it is best to use external swf's rather than have one big movie.

XFM

Thanks mate....

That is the kind of general info that I was after, so use external swf's, I am just trying to learn all the required skills before diving into my movie.

any more tips out there anybody ??

thankx in advance

newone

Flashkit Jedi

When designing a full flash site, I make the dimentions of my site 800 * 450.

This accounts for most browsers like IE, NS, AOL etc...

WHen in the html of the pahe (after designing is finished) make your embeded swf object 100% width and height, and also, make the margins of the page 0 in width.

This ensures that the flash movie is the full width and height of the browser window.

Gimme a shout if you need any more help on anything.

XFM

Thanks..Top man, i'll get started, don't know where, but i'll give it my best.

thanks again for your time !