A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: PLEASE HELP BEFORE I END UP KILLING MYSELF

Well not exactly kill myself. I have had 3D FA for a while now and decided to make a simple game. I made the game and it worked fine in the program but when I exported it well.. IT DID NOT WORK. I have checked everything and can't see what it is. I don't know if any of you can help me but hopefully the movie file is at http://www.angelfire.com/goth/projectghost/smile.movie

I hope this works and i really hope that you can help. The aim of the game is simply to get from one side to the other...

p.s - I know that the way I have made the game is a bit messy but its my first try

The first thing I notice is that you are using accelerationas opposed to velocity , as acceleration constantly increases the speed, when you set it back to zero it does not slow it down but but keeps set to where it currently is. I'll look at the file more later..........

-Jason

Originally posted by newagehippie
    Well not exactly kill myself. I have had 3D FA for a while now and decided to make a simple game. I made the game and it worked fine in the program but when I exported it well.. IT DID NOT WORK. I have checked everything and can't see what it is. I don't know if any of you can help me but hopefully the movie file is at http://www.angelfire.com/goth/projectghost/smile.movie

I hope this works and i really hope that you can help. The aim of the game is simply to get from one side to the other...

p.s - I know that the way I have made the game is a bit messy but its my first try

I saw several little things, most of which make it overly complicated. For one you don't need to have so many list of actions. Just if thens in the one action. And you might want to name your elements like actions, that way when you look back at it you'll remeber what you where doing and it makes it much easier for others to look at as well.

You hand numerous broken links.

As Jason pointed out you should use velocity to set your elements in motion. And I didn't see how you where keeping everything on the screen. Anyway you may have to back up and simplify. I didn't totaly understand what you where doing but my advise follows:

Make a key event for the keys
    Make a list of actions that set velocity and checks for collision and keeps the objects on the screen.

Make another list of actions that you call for dealing with the collisions.

Thanks guys I will give that a go. The basic idea of the game is to get the face from one side to the other. If anyone can solve the problem and post a new movie file that would be great.

gtg