Greetings,

As I've been constructing navigation for a project, I'm becoming acquanted with what can be done with an imported swf vs placing a movie clip within the main time line but I've gotten to a point where I feel I should have thought about what gets imported vs placed a bit more before jumping into it.

What I'm constructing is navigation with some extra goodies. Here the construction:

a. several linked rollovers that animate on rollover and open a seperate html page on click. All 3 links/animations are saved as a seperate file so they can be loaded into an anchor movie into position.

b. some scrolling text also saved as a seperate file so it can be loaded into an anchor movie.

c. Rotating banners: These banners are created within flash and saved as seperate files so they can be loaded into a master banner ad file timeline and loaded. This movie is then loaded into an anchor movie.

The anchor movie contains everything else, graphics, a few other nonanimated links etc.

I seperated items a, b and c becuase I felt it was important to be able to change or add to any of these without having to open the anchor movie or risk getting it messed up in the event some one else has to work on it. By doing this, I've turned this into several components, each loaded into the anchor movie.

What I've noticed happening is when you open this page, the navigation builds one component at a time. It does so rather quickly but none the less one at a time.

I know that some studios like to create raster files in pieces because the load quicker (that's up for debate) so I thought I'd try the same philosophy on a Flash file, plus, it seemed the only way I could get a certain thing to happen was if I loaded it as a seperate swf movie.

Is this component construction a good idea (creating several small files which are loaded into a main movie) or should I have as much as possible in the anchor movie (one large file).