A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash movie as a bg and interface question

Is it possible to set a flash movie as a background for a page. Actually more specifically perhaps in one specific frame or table. There are some great low key animations in .FLA format (like a warped moving starfield) that i would like to put as the background in the main frame/layer surounded by the interface. It would need to be kinda like a watermark background.

Also I got an interface question. I want buttons on the left side "remote control" to populate buttons on the top bar with sub choices. So you pick an option on the left and the blank buttons on top populate with further options one by one. Then when you select another left side choice, the top buttons repopulate with the new sub choices.

Please help Ill be refreshing the board every minute or so hehehehheh

RogueOne

Beyond the Sea

Lightbulb

You must have been refreshing a long time.

About putting flash as a background...can't be done currently. Unless someone has more info than I do, you can only have pngs, gifs or jpgs loaded as backgrounds. But, if you want that effect anyway, why not build your site in flash? flash doesn't have to be in your face...the best sites create a nice experience and mood.

If you want to stick to html, you can stick flash in a table or frames and load html content around it. That's a good way to go for very content-driven sites, IMHO. But, know that you can't put DHTML over flash. Doesn't work.

hope this helps,
    Rich www.richpaul.com