A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: please help me

Im building a site that comprises of 2 individual chromeless windows being launched st at startup, I want the 2 windows to be seperate elements of a site but work together, Im stuck on how to target and control an swf from one html window to another.

If I open swf.1 inside html.1, and then open swf.2 inside html.2, can I then use swf.1 to target swf.2 and control it from html window.1?

thanks in advance

basically yes. try refering to an earlier postor search on actionscript and javascript:
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=328184

I dont want to pull variables, I want to target it and use gotoAndPlay funtions on it.

what u can do is use javascript to control some variable in the other swf, and place a clip on that swf with an onEnterFrame event that does different things depending on the variable.

and oh, just remember an easy way: use TGotoFrame. goto macromedia.com and search for tgotoframe. i'm sure there's ample documentation.

ive done some looking into it, thanks for your help, but swf control through js is not cross platform compatible, ive been looking for a solution using perl but cant seem to find any extended documentation on it. il keep looking