dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 79 of 79

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [

  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    71

    editbox letters

    I threw together a quick ABC block movie using editboxes

    http://www.pedaplus.com/flash/letters.swf

    (rough sketch)

    Jon

  2. #62
    KoolMoves Moderator blanius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    5,244

    clones and text

    Good idea This is the way to go I think. So Ed that means you should move forward with the idea of displaying our chosen letters in editboxes.


    I've made a container and a menu to get us started.
    In the end I think everyone will see the wisdom of this approach as we change and update stuff.

    http://deadyeti.com/files/abc/abc.html

    the files are
    a.swf
    abc.movie
    abcintro.movie

    No real need to download these at this time.

    Trying out some things and while it's nice to clone an object cloning one with editbox is a problem. I don't think we'll be able to use clones on this.

    took pwims idea and built a nice block layer with editbox.
    ED lets assing the 4 choices display in the variables text1 text2 text3 OK? This will be the names on the text boxes. You can work with plain text boxes while I work on interface look.

    [Edited by blanius on 07-19-2002 at 11:43 AM]

  3. #63
    Senior Member kusco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    681

    Excellent

    Thanks Bret,

    Now I need a couple of people that are prepared to write the required javascript code. The functions that we need to develop are...

    Shuffle_Letters()
    Show_Letter()

    I'll put together an outline of what each function is required to do an depending on the experience level of the victim - oops, I mean volunteer - I will provide the required coaching/training.

    So who's up for a challenge?

  4. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    142
    I'm up to it, but I have no programing experience other than I have developed web pages in html.

  5. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    118
    I suppose I could do the shuffle_letters. Shouldn't be too hard.

  6. #66
    KoolMoves Moderator blanius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    5,244

    bump

    So where are we on this. I'm going to go ahead and make a review of the letters movie. Just cycling through them and hearing the letter name.


  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    118
    fine by me.

  8. #68
    Senior Member kusco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    681
    Hi Bret,

    I'm currently putting together some notes for pwhims so that one of the javascript functions can be developed.

    Have been bogged down with some other work which is clearing now.

  9. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    142
    We just started back with students at the school I teach. I'm ready to get the game available for the little ones.

    This is a chance for us to show some creativity and showcase for other educational institutions what is possible with 3DFA.

    How is the tutorial write up going Kusco?

    Thanks for your help.

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    142
    Blanius,

    The intro menu looks great! Would it be possible to add a "B" and "C" to to the spinning block and posssibly something else on the remaining square, such as "FUN", so that it comes out to be something of a title like "ABC FUN"?

  11. #71
    KoolMoves Moderator blanius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    5,244

    good idea

    Originally posted by pwihms
    Blanius,

    The intro menu looks great! Would it be possible to add a "B" and "C" to to the spinning block and posssibly something else on the remaining square, such as "FUN", so that it comes out to be something of a title like "ABC FUN"?
    Yeah that's a good idea.....

    Sorry I haven't done anything on this project lately I've gotten swampped with paying work for a change....

  12. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    142
    That's understandable. I have been in the same position. We can just take it nice and slow and go at it as we can. It has a nice start.

  13. #73
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    1
    Originally posted by kusco
    Hi Bret,

    I'm currently putting together some notes for pwhims so that one of the javascript functions can be developed.

    Have been bogged down with some other work which is clearing now.
    Hi Kusco. I would be gatefull if you send me those notes as well so I could program it for educational purposes. I'm a student and thirsty for knowlegde :P It's not that i want to take over pwhims work or anything. Just some programming with somebody to look at my code.

    I would be glad to hear from you

    Kev

  14. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    118
    Originally posted by pwihms
    Blanius,

    The intro menu looks great! Would it be possible to add a "B" and "C" to to the spinning block and posssibly something else on the remaining square, such as "FUN", so that it comes out to be something of a title like "ABC FUN"?
    Ok, I know this wasn't directly addressed to me, but I was wondering if we could just have the block rotate (slowly) side to side about 10-15 degrees, instead of all the way... Also, we could just have "FUN" be a text element, and wave or something.

    P.S. This is a project that the 3DFA community needs right now, not like people trying to steal ID Keys, and get people to crash their computers.

  15. #75
    KoolMoves Moderator blanius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    5,244

    status

    Originally posted by ajcompany
    Ok, I know this wasn't directly addressed to me, but I was wondering if we could just have the block rotate (slowly) side to side about 10-15 degrees, instead of all the way... Also, we could just have "FUN" be a text element, and wave or something.

    P.S. This is a project that the 3DFA community needs right now, not like people trying to steal ID Keys, and get people to crash their computers.
    Agree on that loast part!

    I reworked the block
    http://deadyeti.com/files/abc/abc.html

    getting a little big at 35+ but nice I think. Keep in mind the spinning block was NOT done in 3dfa, I tried to do one but it ended up over 100k just for a spinning block no letters. Everything else we will do in 3dfa. (no offense insane guys) If we want to keep it "pure" 3dfa I understand and we can easily change it as it is a loaded swf element.

    See the wisdom of this approah?


    Anyway I will try to find some time to get back to this project. Been busy.

  16. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    142
    Ok, now that Blanius has created a container and menu we need to look at the creating the display of the letters, having the letter name called out and then having the child select the correct one out of four or five letters within the area.

    One way would be to possibly give it a fun feel to it such as floating balloons and when the correct letter balloon is selected it pops sending out confetti and adds the letter to a list at the bottom of the screen, sort of a score keeper of what the already found.

    I don't have the knowledge, as of yet, on how to write a script that would apply, but I'm willing to learn.

    Any suggestions on the next step?


  17. #77
    KoolMoves Moderator blanius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    5,244
    Originally posted by pwihms
    Ok, now that Blanius has created a container and menu we need to look at the creating the display of the letters, having the letter name called out and then having the child select the correct one out of four or five letters within the area.

    One way would be to possibly give it a fun feel to it such as floating balloons and when the correct letter balloon is selected it pops sending out confetti and adds the letter to a list at the bottom of the screen, sort of a score keeper of what the already found.

    I don't have the knowledge, as of yet, on how to write a script that would apply, but I'm willing to learn.

    Any suggestions on the next step?

    I like this idea!!!!
    First step is to make child movie of a balloon poping with confetti
    Then we animate it and do the record keeping

  18. #78
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    142
    Here is a sample balloon. Would this fit the container format and provide the look needed? I happy to make any changes or let some rework this portion. I still need to add the explosion and the confetti. I should get that done this week.


    http://members.cox.net/windstorm_media/gballon.html
    [Edited by pwihms on 08-30-2002 at 02:35 PM]

  19. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    142
    A revision:


    http://members.cox.net/windstorm_media/gballoon.html


    [Edited by pwihms on 09-01-2002 at 09:40 PM]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

HTML5 Development Center