A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: online music stores? cd/vinyl etc -->

In terms of how functional & easy to use/navigate - usability > what do you think id the best online cd/music store?

what feature would you like to see in one? do you think flash is appropriate etc?

I would really like to hear anybody's feedback/view on this...

to be honest amazon.com

it's not fancy but it works just fine.

one of the things i like about html sites for shopping is that i can bookmark stuff and share the url with others. I don't think i've ever seen ecommerce succesfully done with flash. I'd like to see some if anyone knows any.

I don't think i've ever seen ecommerce succesfully done with flash
    you must mean flash-only right? - i guess it's just the bandwidth issue stoping whole sites from being built in flash huh?..

after all i am on a 56k dail-up and my favourite site for buying music online was always juno.co.uk

I agree with you on amazon in terms of function.. and their clever marketing tactics...

> groovetech.com only online cd store i can say that i actually like the look & usability of. ( except for the disgusting banner ads at the bottom of every page of course )

FK's 2A 'Rip' Agent

heh... http://www.highersourcemusic.com/

But then again, I come a pretty biased point of view on this one...

^ make that two.

As a user (anyone that's purchased cd's or similar online) do think it's good to have a search feature on every page ( quick access to what the user wants ) or a seperate page in itself for searching? < more detailed search perhaps

What do you think about the whole member [sign in][log in] - "personalize your experience" thing? i actually hate this **** - for instance usually before buying anything, all i want to do is quickly find out how much shipping will be to my country but in doing so i have to set up an account and go through a whole heap of crap just to get this itty bit of info..etc...etc.. - alot of people seem to really go for this member stuff though..