A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Business Studies Assigment plz help

Hey fellow flashkits,

Well i have a year 11 (im in australia which means im 16)business studies assigment and since im interested in this field i desided to setup a Design Firm (yes i know the industry is down at the moment ect) but i was wondering if ne of u professional business owners would be able to assit when questions come up which i need to answer it would be of great help? well if u are willing to help me just for a few questions i would be very happy .

So if u are avaliable for help could ya just asy so and either leave your email address on this post or email me at nerby_oz@hotmail.com ok thanks people

I'd be happy to help. Depending on your exact assignment, my experience may or may not be that relevant: I'm a corporate employee in the US who also freelances. If you're looking for Australia-specific information or need to talk to people who have to actively and aggressively manage their own businesses to make a living, I'm probably not your best source.

As a quick reminder, though, you can e-mail anyone who's willing by clicking the e-mail button at the bottom of one of their posts.

As far as business advice goes, I have one thing to share with you right now. Do not get in the habit of using "netspelling" if you can avoid it. There is very little that is less businesslike than "u" for "you" and "ne" for "any." Once you get in the habit of using that sort of slang, it can start creeping into your normal writing, as well.

ok, well i dont really have to many questions at the moment but the few i got at the moment are

what are the running cost involved? (i know most of them just want to get any hidden ones)

Good Marketing stratergies involved in Web design/Multimedia

And need some good relivants on pricing as in sould i charge per hour?(if so what amount) or should i charge for the site i make?

oh well thanks