dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Text width...

I'm using different "views" in this section of my web page. Anyways, I want to adjust a text paragraph (its width and height, not position). I try doing that, but all the other elments that are in that "view" are selected and dragged along with it.

How do I just "pick" the text and adjust it's height and width? I know how to move the position of it, but I don't know how to adjust the width/height. Thanks.

Open your view, and within the view, select the text element from the list(not from the movie) and then change its height/etc.

-Jason

Well I go there to change the positioning. However I couldn't find the controls to change it's height/width. What is it labeled as?

Originally posted by Wheeljack
    Well I go there to change the positioning. However I couldn't find the controls to change it's height/width. What is it labeled as?
    On left look for four little boxes with four arrows pointing in each corner. this is the re-size tool

Well when I click that, it selects all the other objects as well. I'm wanting to know how to just adjust the width and height of the formatted text. Remember, I'm using "views" so when I try clicking on a object that is in the "view", it selects all the rest with it.

Well when I click that, it selects all the other objects as well. I'm wanting to know how to just adjust the width and height of the formatted text. Remember, I'm using "views" so when I try clicking on a object that is in the "view", it selects all the rest with it.
    try using the topmost tool and drag the bottom corner of your formatted text element. Also look at the check box for auto adjusting width in the formatted text element

Well I always used that top left box button to adjust things, but it still selects all of the objects within the "view". I also did "auto adjust width" and all it did was make the width TOO long.

Again, you will need to select the text from the list that is within the view, not from the movie itself. Simply open up the view and where it lists the elements for the particular view, highlight the text element you wish to change then grap a poimt on the text in the movie(don't click off of that element or it will re-select the entire view).

-Jason

OHHHH!!! Now I get it, thanks guys . What would I do without you!

OHHHH!!! Now I get it, thanks guys . What would I do without you!
    ummmm where is that cliff? LOL we like it when it's a question we can answer.