A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash time limit?

On the time of a Flash movie, it only goes up to 120 seconds. I don't have the full version, just the downloaded one. With the ordered version, can I make it whatever time I want it too? Because I'm trying to make a cool flash movie that is definatly longer then 120 seconds.

PS: I changed it the time field to 300 (by typing it in there), but it just ignores it.

I've never made a file longer than 30 seconds or so, but if it is limiting you to 120, you could always load another file from a keyframe at the end(or in the middle, on a lower layer, with a 'continue' button, hint-hint), this will keep load time and file size down, and give users with a slower connection, a much better experience.

-Jason

Originally posted by Wheeljack
    On the time of a Flash movie, it only goes up to 120 seconds. I don't have the full version, just the downloaded one. With the ordered version, can I make it whatever time I want it too? Because I'm trying to make a cool flash movie that is definatly longer then 120 seconds.

PS: I changed it the time field to 300 (by typing it in there), but it just ignores it.
    Your movie can be nearly any length. The timeline is not the limit. You need to think of the timeline only as a timer for events. For example if you load a 2min audio file in the first frame it will run until finsihed. You might need to stop the timeline to wait for this.

think in terms of Keyframes for doing long movies.

Well I am using keyframes, and the weird thing is, right before my last keyframe was done, the next one uploaded during it. It seems I only have like 120 seconds for each keyframe. I'll fool around with it more.

Btw Jason, where can I find this "continue button"? lol

Hmmmmmmm, suppose you'll have to break down and make one ................

-Jason

I'm a n00b at this. *Runs around in circles and jumps off a cliff*

*bump*