A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: few questions

would appreciate if anybody could answer these questions.

1. is it possible to make a scrollable game in koolmoves?

2. does it support web components like and editbox, radio buttons and like(or is it in the works in the future)

3. can one do server interaction in koolmoves(using jsp, php and the like)

thank u

Hi There,

1. Absolutely, yes! Not exactly a scrolling game but a great example by Necromanthus:
    http://necro.home.ro/Test/prepelix.html

2. Has been suggested - not sure if Bob has this on his VERY LONG to do list!

3. Yes - see this simple ColdFusion example:
    http://www.bridel.org/koolmoves/demo/index.html

Regards

Hilary

--

Originally posted by bridelh

3. Yes - see this simple ColdFusion example:
    http://www.bridel.org/koolmoves/demo/index.html

Regards

Hilary

-- [/B]
    Hilary -

who do you host with? I am having a tough time finding an affrodable hosting service that offers CF.

On Point 2...

KoolMoves already has something simular to this ( And had it first BTW). If you create Dynamic text you have always been able to add a scroll bar, set the max length of it, ECT from the UI.

As far as Buttons go- Again there has been a Button Library for some time now. It is even getting a UI Library. So if you were wanting a library of pre-built componets that you can simply click on and add then yes there also.

With Version 3.0 or higher simply push the Library button and select your Library- Only works if the Libraries (A seperate Download) are installed.

The new scripting and other functions like Dragable Masks introduced in Flash MX are not implemented yet but then again MM has not realeased anything officially on the Flash 6 Player spec. It is a matter of waiting for the changes to be documented by either Macromedia or somone else. Many of the new Functions added to the Player are accessable though. For example if you want to load a MP3 into a movie it no longer has to be converted but rather you just use load movie. The same with JPG's. There are about a half dozen new things you can utilize with the Flash 6 Player. I had a list going at one time.

Super Moderator
    2. does it support web components like and editbox, radio buttons and like(or is it in the works in the future)

-> I believe there is a free version of Frank Hilton's scrollable edit box on http://www.koolmovers.com

We will be getting around to a library of gui elements probably later this year.

Bob -

I have built my own set of UI elements such as the X close box, the minimize and mazimize blocks, beveled menu bars, etc...

Would you like to look at them for inclusion?

Super Moderator
    Yes.

Thumbs down

Originally posted by mmreed
    Bob -

I have built my own set of UI elements such as the X close box, the minimize and mazimize blocks, beveled menu bars, etc...

Would you like to look at them for inclusion?

thankx for making them available. will the be inclide into vers. 3.3 or can the donwloaded seperately?

Gorky