A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Calling all the experts of Flash4

Unhappy

Hi!
    I have a mighty prob. which I cannot solve and require help Urgently.
    I have made a navigation system in flash4 which Has popdown buttons.
    (when U roll on the main button it popdowns to different selections just like a Windows popdown).
    O.K the problem is I cannot assign these popdown buttons to go to the next frame in the main part of the web page.
    Also to make matters worse this nav. system is all in a movie type.
    Please help me on how to make the popdown buttons to go to the next frame or any other frame in the main part of the web page

turn the pop downs into buttons ,then simply apply an action to press for example

on mouse event (press)
    go to Scene 1 frame 15

or if you are trying to get it to go to a movie ,you need to first give the movie an instance name, then put it in the scene that you want then applie actions such as

on mouse event (press)
    tell target("your movie")
    go to frame (1) and play
    end tell target

you will need to do another action on an event to tell it where to go upon completion of the movie

if you would like email me
    at res036x6@gte.net
    and i will try to help more.
    I reccomend just doing some tutorials on this subject (get tell target) good luck

turn the pop downs into buttons ,then simply apply an action to press for example

on mouse event (press)
    go to Scene 1 frame 15

or if you are trying to get it to go to a movie ,you need to first give the movie an instance name, then put it in the scene that you want then applie actions such as

on mouse event (press)
    tell target("your movie")
    go to frame (1) and play
    end tell target

you will need to do another action on an event to tell it where to go upon completion of the movie

if you would like email me
    at res036x6@gte.net
    and i will try to help more.
    I reccomend just doing some tutorials on this subject (get tell target) good luck

There's a tutorial on a menu system thats something like what you're talking about in the advanced tutorial section on this site.

Question

I cannot find the tutorials that you refer to. Can you help me.

I try do do the same think..stop looking for the .fla it is far away for what we are try to do..you can see this think working in www.2advanced.com ... my problem is not to assing actions to the pop-down buttons but....a bug in the hole situation..if you roll-out down from the menu it works fine,but if you roll out up from the pop-menu button the pop-down menu stays down?? if you make it help me and if i make it i will help you..if you like to see my problem in a .fla e-mail me