A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: HUH? WHAT??!!! GEEZ, What a dumb post!

well....
    my 200th post, right here in front of your eyes!
    ...and it took me HOW LONG?!
    (yay!)
    <--bows and nods, smiles and waves-->

as celebration of this wonderous occasion:

I offer HOPE!!
    I offer TRUTH!!
    I offer VALIDATION!!

yes, if you are an idiot (either self-professed or labelled so by your loved ones...) I offer you the chance to rise, the chance to realize that you are NOT wading in the "Shallow end of the gene pool"....the chance to gawk at someone else's inane ramblings that are GUARANTEED to make you feel great, sound smart, impress your loved-ones and give you the power to open tuna cans with your teeth (ok, the last one may be a stretch)...

I just can't keep this guy to myself anymore. Every once in a while I have to show this guy's site to people in an attempt to make myself appear intelligent by comparison (i think i might have mentioned him around here about a year ago...). He really needs to vent, so he has a few URLs....enjoy!

http://www.timecube.com/
    http://www.abovegod.com/
    http://www.thegreatestthinker.com/

~kr0m3

Too far for me

I'm not an idiot but I am a looney!
    Don't worry though, I don't suffer from insanity.....I quite enjoy it actually!

Fk's (working title)
    200 posts.... i'm right behind you....

I'll get there too soon enough!

Hurry up to catch up with me actually dont spam the coffe lounge to get your post count up.... Go to the help forums and help!

i practically live @ the help forums

Originally posted by Chromehenge
    well....
    my 200th post, right here in front of your eyes!
    ...and it took me HOW LONG?!
    (yay!)
    <--bows and nods, smiles and waves-->

congrats

just one thing, can you make your footer fit the guidelines

max 300 wide and 40 tall

cheers

yo Jamez.....

surely you don't suggest that I am spamming the boards with THIS post, eh?

I thought ya'll loved me?!?!
    **sniff**
    **sniff**

and another thingee.....

yo aversion...

it took me a minute to figure out what the heck you were talking about.....

my footer image is only 4k, 51 px long....and...OHHHHH.

...kewl. i suppose it technically breaks the rules of bandwidth....
    **sigh**

i'll scale 11 pix off the dang-thang's height.

~kr0m3

Re: and another thingee.....

yo aversion...

it took me a minute to figure out what the heck you were talking about.....

my footer image is only 4k, 51 px long....and...OHHHHH.

...kewl. i suppose it technically breaks the rules of bandwidth....
    **sigh**

i'll scale 11 pix off the dang-thang's height.

~kr0m3
    yah yah yah, that's right, get at the moderator for asking you to stick to a rule that everyone has to stick to and that i've been asked to 'enforce', it's not like if we let you break those rules anyone else with a bigger footer will say to me but you let chromey keep his footer, is it? oh no, it's not like that's ever happened before is it? because people are far to undertanding for that aren't they?or are they just a bunch of sarcastic smilies?

thanks man, nice of you to be so understanding, we're just a punching bag for your amusement.

Señor member

Re: Re: and another thingee.....

thanks man, nice of you to be so understanding, we're just a punching bag for your amusement.
    he he ... *punch* .. he he ...

Re: Re: Re: and another thingee.....

Originally posted by jamble7000

stop enjoying it

Re: yo Jamez.....

surely you don't suggest that I am spamming the boards with THIS post, eh?

I thought ya'll loved me?!?!
    **sniff**
    **sniff**
    nO, No not at all! I was just saying that 4 the future but every1 deserves a congrats for there posts!

Señor member

Re: Re: Re: Re: and another thingee.....

Originally posted by aversion
    Originally posted by jamble7000

stop enjoying it

oooh yes boss

Originally posted by aversion

yah yah yah, that's right, get at the moderator...
    for asking you to stick to a rule that everyone has to stick to and that i've been asked to 'enforce'...

...or are they just a bunch of sarcastic smilies?...

...thanks man, nice of you to be so understanding, we're just a punching bag for your amusement...

wow. 'get at'. must be some strange vernacular for 'joke with' where you come from. Actually, I was more sheepish that the height of the image had eluded me, but hey....whatever feeds your crucifixion-complex is kewl with me man....although I might suggest you step outside and take a deep breath once in a while.

good luck.
    <--sarcastic smilies?

.....and its fixed...sorry.

wow. 'get at'. must be some strange vernacular for 'joke with' where you come from. Actually, I was more sheepish that the height of the image had eluded me, but hey....whatever feeds your crucifixion-complex is kewl with me man....although I might suggest you step outside and take a deep breath once in a while.

good luck.
    <--sarcastic smilies?

.....and its fixed...sorry.
    usually when people are joking they don't use rolleyes, which i think i'm right in saying are most commonly reserved for sarcasm, no sure how else i could have read your post

"i suppose it technically breaks the rules of bandwidth.... **sigh** "

but whatever, i guess my 'crucifixion complex' is just deluding my thinking, since this is the first time it's ever appeared, but yeah thanks for the amateur psychology and thanks for changing the footer.

wow.

i suppose that this is one of the issues with on-line communications, they are open to interpretation by anyone who reads them and sometimes the impressions received are completely different than what was intended. I guess I must have struck a nerve with the little green smiley. I don't normally use it for sarcasm at all. Normally, I'm pretty open about my sarcasm, hence my 'amateur psychology' and the holes in your wrists (dont drip blood on the keyboard, its a mess to clean...)

And Im fairly certain that you are familiar with the concept, after reading your posts to the thread as well, so i wont waste any time pandering to the lowest-common denominator in case you didn't get the joke the first time around.

Bottom line is really pretty simple, fellah. Let me try again:

I was expressing an irritation at myself for not having thought about the height of the image, since in every other way the image was so small that I never even bothered to check it. so, i gave a little face to emulate the 'gee, wasn't i slow?' feeling and to offer a sheepish explanation (to wit: 'it took me a while to figure out what you were talking about')

If you feel as though I was 'gettin uppity with the man' or that maybe you shouldn't have to deal with someone's sarcasm (either perceived or real) then Im afraid that you missed the tone of the post entirely.

I didn't start this thread (or become a member, for that matter) so that I could pick arguments with the crew. I've 'seen' you around, and i've read your posts before today. I have no issues with you at all, nor do i seem to have developed some sort of authority-issue over the last week or so.

I tried to tell you before that you were barking up the wrong post, i tried to tell you that your sarcasm would only meet with sarcastic replies (tit for tat and all that)but here we are again.

so, in conclusion, i have no issues with you, i have no issues with the image footer, i have no issues with the guidelines, i made a boo-boo and i fixed it, if i insulted you along the way, i apologise.
    However, if this is more of an 'i'm going to have the last word because im a mod and he can't talk to me that way' sort of thing, I would ask that you simply e-mail me and we can bash each other repeatedly without either of us feeling inhibited by the professional atmosphere that we are supposed to be fostering.

~kr0m3

*pop*