A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: best way: photoshop to flash?

Like a lot of people here, I really like using flash and photoshop...but how do you get them to work great together!!!

I have read a few threads on saving photoshop files to then be imported to flash, but I guess I have not put it all together. Can someone elaborate on some of the best ways to save a jpg or gif in photoshop (or not at all) to be ready for flash...and then once in flash how to optimize the image for final output. This will be a greatly appreciated thread!!!!

Thanks!

if its just a solid image, a jpg should work just fine, go to File>Import and bring it into flash.

if you want transparency, save as a PNG with an Alpha Channel to preserve the transparency, flash like png's, because fireworks uses them, its a good way to get transparency in images into flash

I save all my images as loss less PNG. Import them into Flash and set the compression afterward. Once imported into Flash:

-Right click the icon in the library and select "properties"
    - You can select an image format png/gif and jpeg. If you want to select a compression hit jpeg. Also deselect "allow Smoothing"
    -Set the jpg compression from here
    File- Publish Settings- JPEG (the othe formats are there as well)

Bitmap quality:
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/fl...agequality.htm