A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Loading Images into Dynamic Textbox from XML

Need help, I spend nights trying to figure this one out. Check out my page, so you'll know exacly what I'm talking about ( http://users.bergen.org/~alefil ). By the way, this is FLASH 5 I'm talking about here. The way it works is, I load one general XML document into an XML object, and then display it thru a Dynamic Textbox. This is pretty good, considering the fact that I can add HTML tags, using special numbers (&# 60 for example) The thing that I want to do, however, is to be able to add an image, thru embedded HTML in the XML file, which is then displayed in the Dynamic Textbox. The thing I think is wrong with this picture is the fact that Dynamic Textboxes can't display images, or so I think. Am I right? Is there a way around it?

What I was thinking is, just add breaks in XML, and then have an image symbol pop up. Not as versatile, but it might be my last resort.

Help would be appreciated.

Well, in F5 you can't load images either.

You sould add some image xml tags, that have the x/y and swf linkage name, and have the fla do all the rest.

The only way to load images in Flash5 is to have the images converted to Flash movies and load them from their.

If you need to do this dynamically either use Generator (MacroMedia lots of $$$) or the open source Ming package, which is installed by default iirc with PHP.

Thanks

Luke