dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Importing SWF's Into a Flash File

Hello,

I'm still very green with flash so I apologize if this is an obvious one. I'm trying out swift and swish. Once I create SWF files, how do I import them into my flash files. I have a preloader working so I'd like to make sure they are loaded into the flash file.

So far, my attempts at importing them keeps turning them into static graphics instead of movies.

Thanks for the assist!

Originally posted by boe_d
    Hello,

I'm still very green with flash so I apologize if this is an obvious one. I'm trying out swift and swish. Once I create SWF files, how do I import them into my flash files. I have a preloader working so I'd like to make sure they are loaded into the flash file.

So far, my attempts at importing them keeps turning them into static graphics instead of movies.

Thanks for the assist!
    Create a new Movie Clip then in the Movie clip simply select file>import> (select the .swf) and then ok.
    the file will show up as the sequence of rendered images from swift. depending on the version of swift (swift V1 will prompt you on the first key frame to delete it.
    Hope that helps

Thanks

I appreciate it, I can move forward now. Strange, it works for some but not all of the SWF's I've created so far. I'll have to figure out what is different about them. Like you said it creates lots of frames but for some reason a couple of mine fill the frames with the same image.

Wildform Moderator
    Hi.
    You can only import Flash 3 swf's. Any swf with Flash 4+ elements (such as mp3 audio, actionscripts, etc.) will not import.
    To use those, you need to use Load Movie.
    We have several tutorials on using load movie as well as sample FLAs.
    http://www.wildform.com/tutorials
    jb
    http://www.wildform.com