dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I know, I know....But how do you do this?

Hey people!

I know this is another 2A question, but Ive wanted to know how to do this effect for a while now, which now I have the opportunity to do it, and I have seen it done on other sites but this is one that I could think of right now. Im sure we've all seen it but take a look at the oakley intro.... http://www.2advanced.com/oakley/

See at the end when the symbol kind of masks over the not so detailed one, into a beveled/embossed "O". How is that done?

Any help is much appreciated.

ok...well i'm not sure exactly how to do that efect, but i'm pretty sure that there is a mask involved.
    just watch the intro a few times and work with masking your own effect.

Senile member! :)
    my bet is that they have two sets of the O. one with solid color and one with the bevel. The graphics is masked. the mask is tweened to move from completly outside the o to finally cover it whole.

/Mirandir

Originally posted by Mirandir
    my bet is that they have two sets of the O. one with solid color and one with the bevel. The graphics is masked. the mask is tweened to move from completly outside the o to finally cover it whole.

/Mirandir
    You guys are both correct!! I figured it out right after I posted this thread! Thanks for your help.