A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: downloading loops from flashkit?

Anyone else having trouble downloading loops and snd fx from flashkit?

I keep getting mpa files not mp3

I'm getting MP3's ok from the Sound Loops section.

browser broke

Originally posted by kusco
    I'm getting MP3's ok from the Sound Loops section.
    Hmm I think I broke my browser.... Another site I don't see the graphics but I do using NS7.0 wierd.... Guess it's time to reinstall IE

Hang on a tick,

I went to another page and the graphics didn't load there (in sound loops). May they're updating their site as I have noticed a few differences??!!??

Yes, all the MP3 loops I download are mpga's and most of them won't import into Flash. The swf loops are'nt much good either as you don't get the base sound file to manipulate. What's happened to the wavs you used to be able to download?

Nice site

Originally posted by Sally Grist
    Yes, all the MP3 loops I download are mpga's and most of them won't import into Flash. The swf loops are'nt much good either as you don't get the base sound file to manipulate. What's happened to the wavs you used to be able to download?
    By the way NICE SITE you have, I'm impressed. We like the Diagon alley site you did.

Re: Nice site

Oh you luv-er-ly bod you! You just made my day!

Diagon Alley is currently being expanded, PLUS I got a feast of new interactive worlds and games under development, ready for a re-launch in September. Warner Bros are now officially sponsoring/endorsing the site, how cool is that????
    Its gonna be a busy summer!

Only problem... I still don't know what's happened about the wav files? Any ideas?

It's not a Nice Site!

It's a site that says WOW!

I'm amazed at how you interact with it and how it's visually appealing.

Please tell me, is this or at least some of this done with 3DFA???

I can see that there is still a lot for me to learn about design.

Sally, my hat off to you and your crew.

Re: Re: Nice site

Diagon Alley is currently being expanded, PLUS I got a feast of new interactive worlds and games under development, ready for a re-launch in September. Warner Bros are now officially sponsoring/endorsing the site, how cool is that????

Only problem... I still don't know what's happened about the wav files? Any ideas?
    That is great, from what I see you've earned it.
    Are you using 3dfa? I ask because you've posted here in this forum, If there is anything I can help with don't hesitate to ask.

my 3dfa stuff is at
    http://deadyeti.com/blanius/index.html

Re: It's not a Nice Site!

Originally posted by kusco
    It's a site that says WOW!

I'm amazed at how you interact with it and how it's visually appealing.

Please tell me, is this or at least some of this done with 3DFA???

I can see that there is still a lot for me to learn about design.

Sally, my hat off to you and your crew.
    Oh you're ANOTHER lovely person! Thank you for your compliments, Diagon Alley is my pride and joy and any positive feedback I get means a lot to me. If I had a crew to pass your compliments onto then I would, but actually its just me.

As for the design work, most of it was drawn directly into Flash, but there are a few bmps and textures thrown in, and no, I didn't use any 3D stuff. Glad you like the interactivity, stand by though cos its about to get SOOO much better!

Re: Re: Re: Nice site

Originally posted by blanius

That is great, from what I see you've earned it.
    Are you using 3dfa? I ask because you've posted here in this forum, If there is anything I can help with don't hesitate to ask.

my 3dfa stuff is at
    http://deadyeti.com/blanius/index.html
    No, I haven't used any 3DFA stuff. I just posted here cos I was responding to question about downloading sound loops, as I'm also having trouble since the wav file option mysteriously disappeared. If you've got any ideas let me know.

Hey Sally found a partial answer. Right click and select save as then just rename extension to mp3 worked fine. Not too hard to convert to wav if need be.

Originally posted by blanius
    Hey Sally found a partial answer. Right click and select save as then just rename extension to mp3 worked fine. Not too hard to convert to wav if need be.
    Thanks very much for the tip, but the mpga files that I can't import, also refuse to be renamed. This makes me think maybe the files are somehow corrupt, but as its happening with so many, I can't believe that's really the case. Its happening with about 60-70% of the mp3's I'm downloading.

So meanwhile....
    If you have any other ideas please send them my way.

Interesting I'm flashkit has changed something but I was able to just change the extension, not the file type mind you just the extension and they worked fine