A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: font stuff

How can I get dynamic text to show up as a non standard font? I can use the same non standard font on static text but when i choose the non standard text on my dynamic text field it shows up as like grey times new roman or whatever. Hey thanks guys

HH

is there a way to install fonts on peoples computers when they visit your site? or do u not have to do that with flash?

Smile yeh good question

yes good question please tell us i want to know too. thank you

Hey,

In most flash or any gif image you don't need to install the font, flash works jus like images so you usually dont have to.. but the dynamic text field might be needed to view it. I am not sure, I have only used a dynamic text field once.. don't remember is I used a standard font or not.

But you can find a script that asks for a download as son as you hit up the site, but the only problem is that it asks everytime, and gets very annoying, expecially if you already have it (the font)

Only thing I can suggest is to add a enter page and say before entering you will need this font to view the site at best quality, Some won't bother.. but most will.

X