A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: animation tracers

Exclamation

HI
    I have done an animation of elevator-like doors opening. As it does this it leaves traces of the last frame behind, almost like a redraw problem. Does Flash not cause the screen to refresh every frame or is my animation just too big for my computer?? Never had a problem with this before and I have had much more extensive animation going on than that. If anyone knows what's up with this problem please let me know. =) ThanX!

------------------

HI how much video ram do you have seems like monitor/video memory problem to me.
    Mad_sci

Exclamation

HI, I have 8megs of video ram. There are a couple of large symbols on the stage but only two are animating...the elevator-like door symbols.

Exclamation

May i suggest that if need be you offer to send it to other members to see if that is happening on thier machine.

Wink

Thank you, that would be the next thing I'd do but I managed to remove some of the detail and it's no longer a problem. The fills are fine but the lines did not redraw so I removed the cluprit lines. It played fine on other machines in the office. I think it must have been my hardware. Thank you for your help!
    - J