A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Dynamic text help

We Hate Ars*nal
    OK - I have a screensaver that I have made..best if I explain what it's all about first.

It is a football clubs fixtures - now as they play their games, I want to be able to add the results from a text file on a server. I have managed this ok, BUT...I want to be able to call DIFFERENT results for different games from the SAME text file, so I don't have to create result1.txt result2.txt result3.txt etc etc and name the textbox variables accordingly.

so for example..

I have a textbox variable = result1 - I use loadVariablesNum ("result1.txt", 0);
    to load result1.txt into that textbox.
    In result1.txt I have result1=9-0

Do I have to give each text box a different variable and create diff text files? Or is there a way to do the above?

please help

thanks

if you set your text file (results.txt) up as:

&result1=9-0
    &result2=2-1
    &result3=6-4
    &result4=2-2
    &result5=0-1
    &result6=0-0

and so on, you can read in the text results in one foul swoop.

dynamic screensaver

Hi there

i know this is an old thread but I need some help figuring out how to do a dynamic screensaver. I want to create a screensaver that sits on every computer within a company but pulls data information from a central source - whether this is on a local machine or online server [not sure yet]. essentially it will be a screensaver that pulls in text from a text file - but this text file needs to be updated on a regular basis.

if anyone has any ideas that'd be great. I haven't done any actionscripting for a while so am a bit rusty but am using flash MX.

please help

cheers

e