A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Signature

Smile

Good afternoon,
    I'm sure this is easy, but I need advice. How can I make my signature (fancy cursive) appear as if I am actually writing it? I know I can "show" a letter at a time, but I want it to actually appear as if there were an invisible hand writing. I hope I'm making sense...
    Thanks!
    Lazisusann

Originally posted by lazisusann
    Good afternoon,
    I'm sure this is easy, but I need advice. How can I make my signature (fancy cursive) appear as if I am actually writing it? I know I can "show" a letter at a time, but I want it to actually appear as if there were an invisible hand writing. I hope I'm making sense...
    Thanks!
    Lazisusann

Heres a crude example
    http://deadyeti.com/blanius/signature.html

What I did was make the signature as an element then covered it with a line paint element and then morph it to reveal the sig underneath. It will take some time but it'll be a nice effect.

Smile

Thanks! I didn't try that...I tried masking, but couldn't get it. I think you may have it! Will let you know how it turned out.

Hello, Lazisusan - long time no hear!

Bret's idea is a good one - feel free to post the result when you get to it !

Regards

Whoa! The concept is great, but very tediuos!!!! I just about had it completed and the program crashed on me...
    2 times! That hasn't happened to me since the early versions. Maybe I just had too many points to morph. I practiced on straight lines...looked great, no problem, but the cursive (curved lines) are another story. Any
    more ideas on the top of your head? Just send them over...
    I'm not giving up, just getting tired...
    Suzi