A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: loading bar question

ok heres want i want to do. i have a movie that is about 200kb. i want the viewer to go to the site and have a loader bar appear so they know that the movie is being loaded, and when the loading bar is done it will take them to the movie. the movie that i am trying to do this to is: http://www.curve180.com/curve180_new/index

thanks in advance
    harrison jobe

Blood elf, or PHP guru... hmmm Paradoxz's Avatar

What type of loading bar

Are you wanting to do a getbytesloaded and actually check to see when each byte is loaded until it is fully loaded, or do a IfFrameLoaded?

Banned
    What's wrong with the one you have on your intro?

Well,
    this is really very simple!
    Just make a rectangular bar that you want to be the loading bar. Then insert an actionscript. such as
    percent=(_root.getBytesLoaded()/_root.getBytesTotal())*100
    loadingBar._xscale = percent

Insert this into first frame...
    Try this and give ur feedback

Originally posted by cokapeanut
    ok heres want i want to do. i have a movie that is about 200kb. i want the viewer to go to the site and have a loader bar appear so they know that the movie is being loaded, and when the loading bar is done it will take them to the movie. the movie that i am trying to do this to is: http://www.curve180.com/curve180_new/index

thanks in advance
    harrison jobe
    hey cokapeanut..can tell me how u make de ting on ur webby?
    de 1 where u mouseover and it becomes BIG~
    dats reallu cute...hope u can tell me...
    keongz@np.edu.sg
    hEe~
    =)

thanks for the help

thanks for the help, i got it working now. i am glad you like the rollover thing, it took FOREVER, basically you make a circle, and when you roll over it it gets bigger, by using the motion tween, then you just move the other circles to fit with the motion tween at the same time, pretty easy but VERY tedious!

Re: thanks for the help

Originally posted by cokapeanut
    thanks for the help, i got it working now. i am glad you like the rollover thing, it took FOREVER, basically you make a circle, and when you roll over it it gets bigger, by using the motion tween, then you just move the other circles to fit with the motion tween at the same time, pretty easy but VERY tedious!
    hee...thanx...seriously...its really cOol~