dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Request Of The Moderators....

Would someone who can do this please permanently delete the account of PKCacheGOD? Look at this thread: http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...umber=lastpage
    It has grown from about 23 responses to 215 because of his spam in the last hour or so, and I would really appreciate it if the moderators would send a definitive signal that this type of spam is not acceptable on the FlashKit Forums. I for one have learned a great deal from this site and have also helped many people, and I hate to see someone trying to abuse it like this. Thank you for your time, Chuckles8421

I join.

And not just the spamming - don't look at his reply in this thread if you are a sensitive kind of person.
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...postid=1795327

he does seem harsh with his words, and the 'spam' isnt a great thing either. perhaps a moderator should speak to him and ask him to clean up his act. if he does not, then more extreme measures will be warrented.

Perhaps a talking to would be preferable to extreme measures, but I still think that some sort of action needs to be taken immediately to halt this sort of activity. Also, I think that it needs to be made very public on the boards so that everyone can see that this will not be tolerated here at FlashKit.

I am not a moderator but I think the above mentioned threads should be cleaned (the specific comments removed) or deleted from this forum and this person should not be allowed to use the forum, very simple. If I were new to this site and saw such a thread I would be kind of shocked and scared to ask any question. We all had to agree to certain rules.
    [Edited by cancerinform on 06-27-2002 at 03:54 PM]

Such indignation!

I thought the sensibilities of internet users were a bit more robust and mature than those being displayed here. If I posted a question on the FK boards, I wouldn`t expect to be called an idiot or lameassed ***** or what not, but as long as a solution was mingled in with the playground abuse, then I could live with it, and as far as I can see, PK does post decent answers, but they`re couched in indecent terms.

Anyway, I`d be interested to see what Chuckles` and trikenit`s "extreme measures" involve. You can delete an acoount, but you can`t stop someone from posting on boards if they want to, what with dynamic IP`s, cookies and so forth it`s just not possible.

Cheers

Surpig, did you go look at the thread that I posted? There were no decent responses to the thread, just a huge amount of spam trying to get a lot of posts. Also, if you read the thread that Docker posted, you would realize that he did not provide the correct answer, and was just flaming the guy while giving an incorrect answer. Chuckles8421

Yes, but Surgpig does have a point, there isn't a lot of point invoking sanctions that are so easy to break anyone would get a childish pleasure from doing so immediately with 10 spam threads. And I could have just ignored the language if I hadn't read the spamming thread.

Surgpig:
    well, to tell you the truth, i dont know what an extreme measure would be. i would hope that veterans of the board or moderators would know what to do, that is, in part, what they are here for, no?
    i still think that the best idea would to speak to him and ask him to clean up the language and insults on the board, thats all.

Just ignore the guy.

heh