A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: when the f*** will there be an update for f***inf flash mx mac ?????

I'm so angry right now !

Beside the usual bugs that I can get accustomed to,
    I can't get over the fact that MX takes 25 minutes (!!!)
    to open an action script window with 150 lines.
    It's an old script that I did with flash 5 and that I want to modify now.
    There is no way that you can work professionally with this, when you have a deadline !

Arggghhh !

Hack
    You guys always crack me up.

You know when you buy a mac that you're condemning yourselves to a small minority position in the PC space, that your software choices will be more limited, that companies stand to benefit much more by serving the 90% before they serve the 10%.

And yet you *****.

Get a PC and stop whining.

I knew it...

All the time someone complains about a poorly written mac - program, some pc user comes up to start this silly, childish discussions.

yo man, I don't care how much market share my operating system has but I do care if a software that costs money behaves like it should, or not.

But for the sake of your arguments:

I use a lot of pro-applications like photoshop, bias peak, logic and others on my mac and they all work flawlessly and most of them better than on wintel machines.

Also I would not complain if macromedia would tell me that Flash for mac is a beta and the final would come out 3 months later than the PC version, but if they claim this product to be final, I'm just, well, annoyed.

Fantasio...I know what you mean. I am a PC user, and I won't get into the argument, but I go to work and must use a MAC. Flash takes ages to open up a damn actionscript window no matter how many lines of code there are on MAC. It sucks. My workflow is a million times faster on my PC since everything always seems to run smmother on PC. BUT, lets not get into arguments over which is better...they both have their ups and downs.

Here is the solution. I'm a Mac user and I love Macs. At work I have to use PCs.
    Solution (please check syntax again):
    Put
    Code:
    #include myscript.txt
    in the actionscript window and export your script to an outside textfile, which you can easily modify. Within flash actionscript you can only type. There is no cut and paste possible. Whenever you test your movie, do test movie. Once everything is fine, upload your script back. The only problem is that you have to be very careful with syntax because there is no coloured script.
    And don't use f.....g bad language any more or insult each others computers. There is enough here lately. The companies are to blame. Even there are only 10-15% Mac users. In the whole world that's a lot and may be somebody should sue a company for making a bad product for one type of computer. we are all paying the same amount of money.

Thanks cancerinform

Thanks for the tip, will try it now,
    excuse me for using *** language, but I nearly blew my top over this problem.

Also I just wanted to blame Macromedia and no computers

Hack
    I can still dream of a world where computers aren't sold by how cute they are and the only compatibility issues I need to worry about are between IE and Netscape.

I'm a bit curious, cancerinform, whether the cut and paste problem is only on the Mac? I seem to have no problems cutting, pasting, and doing various other standard text tasks.

Then it must be a mac problem. When I cut and paste evrything disappears, in Flash 5 the same problem. It's rather annoying. May be I contact Macromedia once. Any other Mac user the same problem? If not I 'm doing something wrong.

Why?

cancerinform it probably is a mac issue, because I
    seem to be having the same issue!
    I feel I must add this, maybe its jetlag,
    maybe its the beer...here goes.
    This is one of the few BBS boards I have ever been to that was not a "Mac Forum", and after only a few weeks of being here, one of the things I really liked about this place is that there was no inane banter over who makes a better computer and who doesn't.
    I use a mac, most of the work I do involves DV and I can't imagine not using my mac(A really expensive AVID would be nice but..........)
    When I decided I wanted to create a site using Flash, and not knowing anything about it, I came upon this site, through a suggestion from one of my friends at the BASE BBS, basically a MAC only forum!
    You guys have all been great here, I have had some questions answered in less than a day!
    What difference does it make which billion dollar,
    'Fortune 500' corporation that we bought our computers
    from, I am here to learn Flash, and through the help of some of the people here I am finally getting a grasp on it, I could could care less if they have a PC or a Mac,
    I have always found intolerance on any level foolish.
    I mean what happens when all of the religious, ethnic, and racial differences of the world are resolved, .......
    War between Mac users and PC users???
    Will nukes be involved, or just byte-ing remarks over the internet?
    La De Da
    Been computerless for past couple weeks, nice to come back w/ a bang!
    Did not mean to offend, love this board, will continue visiting, hope one day I be one those who helps!
    If any of you have any questions about Final Cut, AE,
    or Premiere feel free to ask me!
    Alright thats enough ranting for one night!

What is AE?

[]D[][]V[][]D

EXCELLENT!

Thank you all for the insight!!!!!!

I have been teetering on the edge of a desicion to either get a big badass PC or a middle of the road MAC. (Why the hell are MAC's so expensive anyway? Especially with the limitations they put on you..)

For the Flash reasons alone - I know now what to do.
    I dont care how supposedly stable and graphics oriented the MAC is supposed to be. That is a competitive disadvantage for not only Macintosh, but for any Flash designer that uses a MAC.

Like the man said up there somewhere above my post - .."not when you have deadlines....!!!!!!"

The Faster Mustache Lives!
    AE==After Effects Maby?

The problem is not the Mac or the PC. The problem are the companies producing the programs. I pay the same money for a mac program as any pc user pays but I get less quality because 85% of people use pc. But 15% of how many internet users (gosh had some wine today) are f...ing a lot of USERS. So why these companies don't do their job for ALL the paying customers including Microsoft (to hell with IE5) and macromedia and so on. Sorry for the harsh sound. All the computers have their ad/disadvantages. The disadvantage of the mac is unfortunately the price, the number of users and the lack of some programs because of that but not because of the computers fault. I am pretty sure PC users would love macs once they use them.

AE

Originally posted by antigone
    AE==After Effects Maby?
    Yes, AE stands for (Adobe) AfterEffects.

Mac OS X + Flash MX = LOVE !?

hi guys (and miss)

I work with Flash on a daily basis and I recently become a Mac user.
    I experienced some really annoying slowing problems with Flash 5 under OS9, but ever since I managed to find Flash MX for OSX, everything is running smoothly. I'm rather surprised to hear so many "Mac fellows" complaining about the downtimes of Flash on a Mac. On my machine it is an instant job to open the AS window, no matter how many lines of code there is.
    I must admit that I have a pretty good machine (G4 933MHz, 512Mb RAM) but I'm not sure that it is the only reason why it works perfectly. Am I blessed by the computer graphic gods?

See ya

jolan

Smile Found the solution / workaround

Hi,

I found the solution finally:
    the problem is only there, when you use the normal editing mode in the as-window, once you switch to expert mode it's not there.

So, just before you want to edit a script with lots of code, just switch to expert, make your changes, close the as-window and switch back to normal mode.

The Faster Mustache Lives!
    I am running a 550 G4 laptop and MX runs great. I just opened a bit of code 950 lines no problem. (I am no expert but 'normal' just feels akward) So if its givin you probles open in expert mode.

PC users watch out for Palladium. Micro$oft is going to take your _root if you don’t watch it. (and try and kill Open Source at the same time.)

<http://www.theregister.co.uk/cgi-bin/dispatcher.cgi>

I haven't had any trouble at all w/ MX in OS X!

Runs fine on my PC but I sure do see a lot of you MAC guys pissed off over it not working on your MACs. Does anything actually work on the MAC? I have used both and I never could get the MACs to do much except crash and crater. They use MACs where I work for video editing and they are constantly trying to keep them from crashing. They have had expert after expert come in here to rebuild and tweak and stuff and they still suck. More money for less machine, more crashes, less software. Are PCs perfect, NO. But I'll take it any day over the other.