dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Imported Graphic Dilema !!!

Red face

This is my prob. I am bringing graphics from photoshop into flash and breaking them apart, so I can use the magic wand tool to cut out the background. This works great for some things and not so great for others. I have some hollow text that I am removing the center from, but when I do this I am left with a jagged edge. I have tried importing transparent gifs, but have not been able to get good enough quality.

How do I remove the background out of my imported graphics without losing too much quality and still maintain the integrity of the line. Is this a photoshop file format or compression issue, or is there something I need to do in Flash to remedy this prob??

------------------
    -NatKingKool

I thought You Knew...

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Wink

If you do a search in the general help area you will find a post on including the alpha channel in a png or bmp file out of photoshop. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

Thumbs up

Thank you your holiness. I will give that a look see. I am in HTMhell right now. Thanks for helping me see the light.

-Dominus Ominus

------------------
    -NatKingKool

I thought You Knew...