A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: having a *.txt source file...

FK's Osirus
    ur computer screen Chars Viewed: 127,417,094 Total Posts Viewed: 61,825 Total Threads Viewed: 12,598
    I'm building a site for a company which really wants to be able to update a swish made site using text files located on their server. So instead of manually updating the actually swish file itself they want to be able to change the contents of the text file which would update the swish movie. Is this possible?

It's not possible directly using SWiSH ...

It can be done in Flash 5/MX ... It can then be loaded into SWiSH (using Load Movie) ...

Peaces,
    Cadence

FK's Osirus
    ur computer screen Chars Viewed: 127,417,094 Total Posts Viewed: 61,825 Total Threads Viewed: 12,598
    Could someone send me the flash files for importing text automatically form a text file? then i can load movie into swish. PLEASE!

Unfortunately, it's not that simple ...

It requires some configuring for it to work with Sprites in SWiSH ... If you have Flash - I can point you in the right direction.

Peaces,
    Cadence

FK's Osirus
    yeah i've got flash, i would apprecaite any help at all.

I wrote up a brief tutorial here :

http://www.total-impact.com/forums/s...&threadid=1215

Hope it helps,
    Peaces,
    Cadence

Cadence

The example you have laid out here is fantastic and I'm now able to import data into my swish movie from a text file using "External_Text_from_TXT.swi" and "load_from_txt.swf" The one thing I cant figure out how to do is modify the format of the imported text (color, size, font style)

1) is this done in the "loaded_text.txt" file with some special formatting or in the "load_from_txt.fla" file which I cannot figure out how to do anything with but open with a demo version of Flash MX.

Thanks so much

Max

I was wondering if you have had any success in altering the font size, color, or face in this example? I have gotten it to work but need to change the font to courier and just can't make it work. I have a thread opened on this but wanted to ask.

Answer

Thanks very much to Brian Ayers for making this happen. the examples can be found below.

http://www.swish-tutorials.com/forum...ion=file&id=26