dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How do I shorten loading by breaking movie down

I am working on a site that has tons of pictures that are needing to be loaded but not when the main movie is loaded. What it is, is a hunting web site and they want to show pictures of last season. Is there a way to make the pictures another movie so I can load only that or even break it down further to make it so when each page of pictures is loaded it only loads that page and so on for the rest.

I have seen things like this before but never thought I would need to know how but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

You can just make each section a seperate movie and load them as needed using the loadMovie command. Or you can just load the images dynamically using the same command as long as they are JPEG's.

I haven't used the loadmovie cmd but when I do is there a way to make a preloader to show up for the movie. I guess I would just make on for each picture movie.

Yes, just make a preloader for each movie you wish to load and it will show up when loading the selected movie.