A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: need all the hel i can get!(attention all flashers!)

The Phattest Bwoy at Flashkit
    Hey guys I am redoing my site and I need all the help I can get. The main focus is design. Can yall review it?
    maybe a rating from 1 to 100?(100 being the best of the best). I want this site to be perfect.
    You'll need the Flash 5 plug in.
    [Edited by gobhi on 10-01-2000 at 02:33 PM]

First off, get rid of all the vertical text. People don't like to turn their heads sideways to read stuff on websites.

I like the look of it though, it's pretty cool. It's up to you, but I'd abandon the word "phat" anywhere it is used in your site. That word reminds me of rappers and common juvenile street lingo, attempts at coolness. It just does not make me take it seriously.

When is the navigation going to work? The buttons don't do anything. I'd also suggest centering the site in the window, or do it in a popup.
    The graphics are kind of cool, I think expanding on what you are doing will end up building a cool site.

Okay, now, I get these ideas for things to change, and one thing I think of is this: when you have the words come up vertically (which I can't stand on any site) maybe have the words appear horizontally next to the squares that pop up.
    then, the word moves up with the box-but make the box not go as high and as fast. then, when you move the mouse off, it drops slowly, fades out, word moves left, something like that.

Good Luck,

mg33

come on guys i need more replies!
    PLEASE

Do you have a reply to my reply? Did I say anything important to you?

mg33

woa man ease up i was just asking for more comments!

nah, man, no need to ease up, I'm perfectly relaxed.
    What I meant was, usually people will say, "Thanks for the tips" or "I never thought of that on my page."

Makes people feel like their suggestions and comments are understood.

mg33

The site is nice - like the animating buttons, but I agree with MG33 about the vertical text. Nice use of monochrome with yellow, and the 3d graphics look good too. That is...on Internet Explorer.

None of your buttons animate on Netscape, so you cannot see the titles. You may want to look into that. I just downloaded the Flash 5 plugin on my Netscape - works fine now...
    [Edited by GreatGooglyWoogly on 10-01-2000 at 02:11 PM]

mg33 don't get mad man i just wanted to keep all the thanking for the end ya know
    your comments are greatly valued
    anyways I will be adding a credits page and everyone who helps me out will be on it
    as for the vertical menu i really didn't get what you meantby putting it horizontally, can you be more clear(i am a little slow) sorry for buggin you
    Do you guys also have any comments on how to make the navigation ie.like on barey's or yugop etc...
    [Edited by gobhi on 10-01-2000 at 02:35 PM]

Smile o0o00

Sick Design. 94/100
    altho it was laggy on my P2-450 32vidram 128sdram for some reason.

don't worry that's because i didn't make it preload yet