A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: preloader as separate .swf movie

hello..
    i think that this swish needs quick bug check!!!

I made complete site, and as I finished it I decidet that one preloader would be in order. But the problem is...
    When I insert preloader scene complete movie goes bananas. Complete menu goes wild, exp. when i click on "about" it opens "business" and so on. But, when I remove complete preloader scene, everything goes right as it should be. read, EVERYTHING WORKS! ( I tried to find the problem, and I found that in this scene I cann't define scenes in "GOTO FRAME" function. ((( Bad... So I was wondering is it posible to make another .swf movie that will have the role of preloader instead of preloader in main .swf movie.

Thanks..

Filip

fgudelj ,

i think that this swish needs quick bug check!!!
    They have !

It sounds as if your another victim of multiple scene's . Try and contain your movie to one scene , you will have far greater control . To get around this you need to use tell target actions . ie Button = _on release _tell target "/" (this scene) goto frame 0 in Scene whatever and play . You also need to place a stop action at the last frame of each scene to stop it looping .

And you can add a swf preloader to your preloading scene .

http://www.purifiedproductions.com/tutorials/index.htm

Regards

Jack

------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear collegue Jack said:

It sounds as if your another victim of multiple scene's . Try and contain your movie to one scene , you will have far greater control . To get around this you need to use tell target actions . ie Button = _on release _tell target "/" (this scene) goto frame 0 in Scene whatever and play . You also need to place a stop action at the last frame of each scene to stop it looping .
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Hey
    jack thanks for this explenation, bur I allready have whole movie in one scene..
    But problem is, when I insert another scene (Second scene), everything goes wrong. And this second scene just needs to be preloader

That's the problem, nothing else..
    If you have some kind of sollution, please help me...

Thanks

Filip

Still Causing Trouble grumblemarc's Avatar
    Simply inserting a preloader shouldn't foul up things like that unless something was totally mucked up. Use the sample preloader in SWiSH and insert that into your movie exactly the way it is done in the sample and see how it plays. Otherwise post the files for someone to take a quick look see.

Make sure the preloader scene is on the upper most level (on top of the other scene) ...
    for example:
    PRELOADER scene
    FIRST scene

not

FIRST scene
    PRELOADER scene

Basic preloader tut

The Excentrifugal Force SSC Cosmic's Avatar
    Something tells me that naming the preloader scene could be an issue, make sure it has a distinct name that your tell targets in Scene 1 won't confuse with Scene 1. Naming it Preloader works well , and of course making sure it ends with a "Go to frame 0 of Scene 1" action so it completely leaves scene Preloader. As mentioned above, Preloader has to be at the top of the outline, so it gets played first.

thnaks for all your effort, but nothing of this isn't.
    so here are the files, and please check them out...

http://www.inet.hr/~fgudelj/orlice.swi

please see the problem..
    I'm getting a very very big headache beacuse this..

thanks

Filip

hi..

here's my post to this problem..
    I found soullution...
    It wasn't any of these things you suggested..
    The problem was that I made buttons as two sprites..
    And the problem came when I couldnt choose sceen for sprites (when I click on one sprite, then it tells other sprice _play).

The problem dissapered when i transformed this first spride into "shape", and gave it all "jobs" ) that the first sprite had to do, and now the whole works perfectly.

Thanks again.

Filip

P.S.
    Here is a simple examle that there are still some bugs that need to be checked in swish program.

Originally posted by fgudelj
    P.S.
    Here is a simple examle that there are still some bugs that need to be checked in swish program.
    I am not sure how your issue can be considered a bug in Swish.

Cheers,

Flick

ok.

you're right...this cann't be considered as bug, but the subject isn't to be missed in later swish upgrades and fixes.