dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: lives variable

Hey I was trying to create my first simple game by reading through tutorials and figuring out how to do certain Action Scripting. Im almost done except for a multiple lives variable that can detect when the car(good guy) craches into an enemy(bad guy) and makes good guy disapear after being hit or possibly play a mc of it crashing. If there are any gurus that could help walk me thorugh the process or even point me towards a tutorial that deal with this subject that would be awsome.

Shawn

there IS an entire forum devoted to Gaming here, dude.

get a clue, as well. go and purchase some books. If you don't have the cash, ask your parents/friends/whatever or go mow a lawn or two. Then ride over to Barnes & Noble, get a book on Flash ActionScript and read it.

Better yet, and free!, just go to B&N and sit your ass right in a chair and read the entire book, and take notes while doing so! Why not??

You can get a much more straight forward answer from a book, then a bunch of dolts on the Internet.

you need to use the hitTest() and tellTarget() methods, By the way...do a search on Flashkit.com were-here.com or actionscripts.com on these terms, mmkay?

not quite the answer i was hoping for but hey whatever floats your boat!