A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: credit card

I want to be able to validate credit cards via flash. I want my visitors to be able to enter there credit card info in a flash form, and have the results of the process come back in the same movie. I do not want any pop-up windows with external html forms. What is the best way for me to do this? I have PHP scripts, and JavaScripts to verify card numbers. Can someone teach me how to interface one of them with flash? Or is there a way to do all of the scripting in flash. Any one familiar with the Luhn MOD 10 algorithm?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

1st things first, its a dodgy business taking credit card numbers, let alone across the net. You firstly need to have at least 128 bit SSL encryption, which in turn means that you need a secure server. My advice is to goto a company such as http://www.nprsites.com and set up and account, this will give you access to pay pal's scheme which will handle all your payments, and they will give you advice on how to handle this through flash.
    failing that, u could use brinkster who offer space ion their SSL server, and also offer verisign certificates.

njoy

dave

Thank you. I already have 128 bit SSL, and a service through which I can have credit cards processed. I have everything in place. If I wanted to, I could verify credit cards numbers through html forms. But my goal is to have a monolithic flash interface for my visitors. What I really need is someone to help me with passing variables between flash, and php, or some other way of running the numbers through mod 10. I have four years of experience with flash, and lots of experience in other areas of web development. This is just a new area for me.

ahh, sorry ...

ok, basically you'll have your movie kitted out with a dynamic text box (textboxWhatever) or few, and a button (processButton).

then its just a case of, on frame 1 of the root:

Code:
    processButton.onRelease = function(){
      if(textboxWhatever.text != ""){
        var vars = new LoadVars();
    	var varsBox = new String();
    	vars.sendAndLoad("yourpage.php", varsBox);
    	varsBox.onLoad = function(success){
    		if(success){
    			var serverResponse = unescape(varsBox);
                    }
            }