dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: whats best?

Hey all im a n00bie and i was wondering whats the best programs to use to create bg's and art for my site.
    i tried photoshop but its complicated.

thanks for any help in advance

The Metamorphic Mutant Mystique_MHz's Avatar
    I's sorry but I must say that Photoshop is the Best in the market *in my opinion*. So try harder to learn it... you will not be disapointed.

To help you get some effects down there are tons of plug-ins that you can download for Photoshop. Some are kinda corny but they might help you get further a little faster. Try looking up Kai's or eyecandy. But Mystique_MHz is correct. There is nothing better out there.

thanks

thanks for your help so photoshop is better than illustrator
    ?

Well Photoshop and Illustrator are two seperate programs. They edit images in different ways. It's comparing apples to oranges

Photoshop is a raster editung app. Rasters are any images that use pixels to make up images, like photos.

Illustrator is a vector editing app. Vectors are basically a mathmatical caluculation using paths. Great for simple shape designs, line art. You'd use these for things like logos.

So it depends on waht sort of backgropunds ypu want to create. Vector images are usually alot less in file size and can be resized larger with no loss at all. W here rasters will become pixelated. However Raster images look more realitic.

But yes Photoshop is the best image editing program. However if you are only interested in creating web images. PS is bit ofoverkill, you may want to check out Adobe Image REady or MM Fireworks as well.

thanks

i wanna creat e good line art and vector
    ? what ever is best . do any one know where i could find good images for backgrounds at since i dont have a digital camera ?

thanks for any help in advance

imagebank.com