A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: music issues

Just trying to get by...
    Hi there folks....

Let me explain my issue and i hope someone can help me out.

I am loading external .swf's from my main movie and am having issues with some computers not being able to listen (especially Macs). I am calling the .swf from my main movie with a button that calls the file into an empty MC on the main timeline. I do not understan why this will not work. Is there a different actionscript i need to use or what. The client is a Mac user and must be able to view it. You can see what i am doing at this link. http://www.lennybproductions.com/test/home1.html
    Go to the "listening section"
    It works fine on my machine (PC, Cable, Flash 6) and the files are generated in MX for Flash 6 players. Any help here would be appreciated.

Also, I would like to have music play across all the scenes but i need it to fade out on that particular one (listening section) I know how to do it for all scenes but how would i go about making it fade out on just that one?

Z

PS. Oh and please dont ask me to re-post this in the music section. It was up there too long and noone would answer. I just need to find a simple way to make these music files listenable, cross-platform-like.

You have a very nice looking site.
    As far as the listening room, the sounds came up and played great.
    One thing though, I would place a sound preloader on the site to let users know that the sounds are dowloading.
    This might be the problem with some computers' connection speeds, and whether or not they have the flash 6 plyaer plug in.

Just trying to get by...
    Thanks. It was a Flash 6 issue. Client was a dingbat. Fixed issue.
    Z

I hope the client doesn't read this post, lol