A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: fire, expensive cigars, and jail time

you know... some people are just too smart for their own good.

PUWHAHAHAHAHA! serves him right.

Heh, that's a good story. That guy definately deserved it.

Oh yea he deseved it I woulda tries the same thing

nice, he definitely asked for that!

i heard one about a man who went around a bunch of betting shops in england asking for odds on a hole in one being scored in an upcoming golf tournament. Some places, realising that at least one hole in one is quite common in a tournament told him to get lost, quite a few of them weren't so smart, one place even gave him 100-1

broehahaha!
    don't mess with insurance people or you'll end up bare naked!

i detest insurance people... they promise to pay but never do when the "accident" actually happens.. idiots!

on the other hand, i love what that chap did to 'em! who told them to insure cigars against fire! u see... total idiots!

My mate has got a telly and a minidisc player of insurance, and as an added bonus a set of floorstanding speakers...

He told them that he'd dropped his £100 minidisc down the stairs, along came £250 (enough to get a new, better model and two floorstanders).
    Told them he knocked the telly off the table (it had just stopped working, like the minidisc, but that doesn't count as far as insurance is concerned), they gave him enough money to not only get a new telly, but to upgrade from a 14" to a 21" flatscreen...ha ha ha ha. Can't wait to see his premiums though

don't do this at home kids, it's called "fraud".

Well technically yes it is fraud, but they had broken of their own accord anyway, way out of warranty, so he might as well have dropped them...it would be different if he had said "my 56" plasma got knocked off the table, can i have a new one?" when he'd only had a 14"...

that was brilliant

insurance people are gits though. One Sunday morning my mum had gone out and I was still in bed. She left the backdoor unlocked (as you do when you are inside the house, on a safe street out in a village) , and while I was still in bed someone came round the side of the house, opened the door and took off with my mum's phone, car and house keys, and wallet, and then went on to use the credit cards to pay for £300 worth of booze. The insurance people refused to pay out, because no-one had actually "broken" in to the house.

always read the small small print people.
    anyway, I know where the bastard lives now, so if we get robbed again I'm goin round there

FK's official coffee addict gasbag15's Avatar
    Originally posted by Jamez Brown
    Oh yea he deseved it I woulda tries the same thing
    You're 13 aren't you? What are you doing smoking cigars?

http://www.flipshark.com flipshark's Avatar
    I think this was a great plan just a little flawed, He should have gotten people he didn't like such as a boss or annoying coworker to light the cigars for him, even share a few with him.

He'd get his $15 000 and somone else would go to jail.

just a joke.. don't get any ideas

insurance people are hits, I asked for my watches to be insured away from the home.

Last year I lost one of them -a breitling- and they refused to pay out as they said that I wasn't insured.

I mentioned to them that I had just got a mortgage with their company and that if I wasn't paid out I would move my mortgage.

I taold them to weigh up 25 years worth of interest on my mortgage against a £2000 watch and they promptly sent me a cheque.