dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Pixel Fonts Help!!!!

I have a problem with pixel fonts, i was helping a friend of my with a flash project that was going to be on a cd. The problem was my friend was using mini 7 as the font, it was set as static text and 'use device fonts' was selected. If i understand this right i believe when you select device fonts it embeds the font so anyone can see it. Originally the project was done on a mac and when we tried it on a pc the font looked bad, besides it being smaller than we planned it wasn't even the right font...i've spent the whole day trying to figure this out. I even made sure the font was used at the size it was ment to be(10) or multiples of ten. I even kepr the font x/y axis at even integers and still it dosen't look right. I hoping i can solve this as soon as possible, so i'm wondering if anyone can help me, any help will be apreciated

-ted

Pixel fonts should be set as static text for best results. Static text is embedded on the SWF by default.

Device fonts look different on different machines and there's no way to foresee the result. You should not select this if you're using pixel fonts.

For example MAC's Helvetica will be changed by Arial on a PC and that is why you're seeing a different font.

pixel fonts

I tried setting the pixel font as static text, but when i published the file i got a warning about i wouldn't be able to see the font because the font outlines were missing, so i selected 'use device fonts' and it seemed to work.

Device fonts won't show in other computers the way you intended it to be.