A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: design problem

Hello Designers,

I am designing a tutorial on how to use an Intranet site using screenshots from the site.

The problem is that sometimes i am showing 1024x768 size screenshots.

i need to have the following screen elemnts visible all the time.
    1. The screen shots 1024x768
    2. Help/description Text with a box around it
    3. company logo
    4. navigation buttons

all in a 1024 x 768 flash file

anything i do dosent look good.
    please help.

kiran

id consider reducing the size of your screenshots and lay over the text and any pointers you may have - also will you be playing this tut locally ?

If not then definitely consider taking those screenshots down before importing them into Flash and optimise them within Flash afterwards

a

Hi as aria say mb change the screen settings on the computer u screen shot on to 800 x 600 screenshot them then bang in the text round the borders

i would check with the client for max size, i know one guy who runs 1600 x ??? and an md of a 5 mill turnover company who runs 640 x 480 (16 colours)

i think 800 x 600 is a safe bet

u can get free software that will record your movements through a program, so it will do screen grabs and u can see the mouse cross the screen

sorry cant remember the name

bp

Look at program called Ultrasnap for screen grabbing.

how about having a magnifying glass to focus on the area of interest and leave the screen grab smaller than full size?

maybe

Smile

LOL........jhbiddle

Originally posted by Sunnyat
    LOL........jhbiddle
    very good posts sunnyat, i dont see whats funny about the idea, looked at some of your other posts u really are a master of words

Originally posted by jhbiddle
    how about having a magnifying glass to focus on the area of interest and leave the screen grab smaller than full size?

maybe
    that would also be quite interesting and allow for some interactivity - it depends on your brief tho.

Based on similar presentations Ive done, I kept it all linear but if you think you could make it more engaging , go for it

a

yeah, I'm obviously the resident comedian here ;-)

No it is real easy to do it. It is basically a 'trick' whereby a bigger blown- up image moves by a scaled- up factor in relation to your mouse.

Cool? There is a tut I have seen that deals with it. If not here then at FlashPlanet (sorry folks!). hope it works out. I have had exactly the same problem before.

j

Actually the magnifieing glass is actually a very good idea... The Sunnyat is new to flash Please excuse him..

Here is my idea. If you dont have enough of space then what you can do is

1. creat a movie which has a width of someting like 800X600 or somthing..

2. Import your image there and give the properties as a movie... name your movie names as "XYZ" target name = "XYZ"

3. now click on the actions and set the target "XYZ" as drag=true and lock mouse to center..

4. now what you can do is creat another movie of 1024 and improt this movie into the other by using action "Load movie"

5. you will have the movie with the smaller screen and you can move around with it.. You can also give the magnifie option to the previous movie and ull have a complete cool effect...

[[[[[ Laugh on that Sunnyat ]]]]]