dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: want to make flash full screen in html

I know there is a easy way to make flash full
    screen for explorer. Could someone tell me cause it's driving me crazy!

Lightbulb

Go to ->File then to ->publish settings and choose the ->HTML tab change the
    ->Dimensions drop down box to Percent then in the boxes below change them to 100. There you go. Pretty simple

to make it exactly fit, select exact fit, WARNING, it may distort your images

Cool

add this ih your HTML:
    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <TITLE>magic</TITLE>
    </HEAD>
    <BODY bgcolor="#000000" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">

[This message has been edited by magickbuddy (edited 13 May 2000).]

If you use percentages, remember that anything 96% and above will cause your page to display scroll bars. If you want to avoid this, set H and W no higer than 95%.

-Dave http://www.greasyskillet.org http://www.steelstring.net

Why not directly link it to your shockwave file (yourmovie.swf) in your html,(yourmovie.html contain yourmovie.swf)
    change it from <A href="yourmovie.html"> to
    <a href="yourmovie.swf">.
    Try all the mention methods.

If you're using CSS you can add the style:

{ margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px }

Talking

In your index file, just paste the javascript below and when page is loaded it will open up the selected html file with the enbeded Swf file to a full screen. With explorer, you will need to add a close window link in the swf file, or the html this is not nessary with netscape, for html use (<a href="javascript:top.close()">Close Window</a> )
    and in the flash movie, create a button, and for its action select "get url", and paste javascript:top.close()in the URL box

also another thing to remember if your going to have the close window button in the flash movie, you will need to put a layer in the html with the close window link, so if the viewer doesnt have the flash player, they will be able to exit the window, as not everyone thinks to press alt-F4, the layer will only be visible if the movie isnt loaded, once loaded it will cover the layer, if you need any help with setting up, just email me and i can set the html files for you.

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT">

<!--
    function makeRemote() {
    remote = window.open("","remotewin","toolbar=no,menubar=yes ,status=no,scrollbars=no,fullscreen=yes,resize=no" );
    remote.location.href = "file.html";
    if(remote.opener == null) remote.opener = window;
    }

//-->

</SCRIPT>