dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: navigating within a scrollpane.. i've got a PROBLEM

Talking

ok... for the scrollpane component:

using the setScrollContent function I load up a single movieclip and then there are buttons in this movieclip that load up other movieclips in the SAME scrollpane (still using the setScrollContent action).

The problem is that when you click on the buttons in the movieclips they set the ScrollContent of the scrollpane but the new movieclip that loads starts out like in the middle or the end. Like everyone else would like if they're doin the same thing I want the new movieclips to load from the very top.

If you can't see it then go to my site: http://www.ambition5.net then click the far left cube... then click the button "HIGH TECH HIGH Digital Portfolio"... then click "Work Samples" in the far-right menu... the scrollpane i'm talking about loads from there. Just scroll down and click the "NEXT PAGE" button and you'll see

thanks

Pretty nice site

Couldn't exactly see what you were talking about. Didn't see any movies loading. Unless you are just talking about the text that pops up. Is it that you are trying to have the scroll content set to the top? Because you just need to use

Code:
    scrollPaneObject.setScrollPostion(x,y)

ugh... thanks for the script but it doesn't work completely..

the new movieclips that are "loaded" into the single scrollpane are "loaded" at their very top BUT for some reason the X (horizontal) position is off. The moveclips load a little bit off to the right now which is forcing me to use the horizontal scrollbar on the scrollpane (I don't want to have to use the horizontal bar)

i tried setting the X position to a negative value but that didn't work either. I'm not very into actionscript so I don't have much clue to what to do next (other than just letting hte horizontal scollbar appear)

*bump

u can see what's going on at my site... see my thread starter.

I looked at Flash F1 Help but that didn't work out

Lightbulb Okay here goes

http://www.aaronhill.net/kevin/ThisWorks.fla

This file is one way of doing it.

Your site looks cool, but the functionalitly needs a little work. The full screen thing in annoying. I think you have done some really good work though don't get me wrong.

thanks greatgatsby!.. it works now for sure

yeah.. im still workin on my site and seein what needs to improve. that's why there's a big "beta.build" number in the upper right.

thanks for your comments too