A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Trial Version Not Displaying Dynamic Text

I'm having a problem with the MX Trial Version. I'm trying to just show some good "old fashioned" dynamic text and it's not working. I've checked every last thing that I can think of and am just wondering if it's my computer if it's the MX Trial Version.

Anyone want to check this and see if they can find the problem? Thanks. (By the way, it's the same copy-and-pasted text field on white and black to show that the font color isn't the problem).

You can get the .swf and/or the .fla at http://www.smoothysmooth.com/downloads/

I dl your .fla

You need to set the var: field to the name of the variable you want to set your text field equal to.

Both your text fields instance names are set to test. I wouldn't suggest that. You should use something like test1 and test2 for the instance names. And the var: value could both be set to test.

You dont have to use the _root property unless your not in the root. But if you want to be absolute in your variable declariation thats ok.

Hope this explaination makes sense.

A mistake I usually do is to write an instance name instead of the variable name of the textfield, as its easy to mistake the two for each other.

GRRRRRrrrrrrrrrr!

It was the "instance" vs. "variable" setting. So used to Flash 5 that I didn't even notice.

Thanks for the help!