A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: HELPPPP !!!

I´m trying to do an interactive catalog named catalog.exe,
    the only way I know to make interactivity is by doing a lot of scenes and using the goto command. By now, I have a really huge movie, when I try to preview it, it will stop..
    1) do I need a preloader?
    2) Is there an easier way to create interactivity?

Any suggestions please.. I will be very grateful..

RTFM, etc.

Is there an easier way to create interactivity?
    yes and no, but it depends on you, your project, if you can manage to learn more of the basics of Flash, and maybe even the phase of the moon when you try to do it (as far as whether it's easy or not)

rtfm...?
    there's a good chance that not many people will want to try answering this as it's sort of a classic 'rtfm' question. There's no one right way to do interactivity in Flash ... it's really up to you whether you can get cracking and start learning.

resources...?
    To learn on your own, do whatever works for you, including the tutorials that come w/ the program, online stuff, books, etc. If you're online, there's a great wealth of resources ...

posting your movie...?
    if your movie's already huge, it's going to be hard for others to help you by looking at it ... your best bet may be to make a simplified version of what you want to do before uploading for others to look at.

hope that helps