A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Trying to EMPTY a text field.

Hi,

I'm doing a quick User Name and Password thing.

I have 3 Scenes:

pin_enter
    confirmation
    pin_retry

On pin_enter there are 3 textboxes... ------[pin, pin_02 and username]----------

Everything works fine with the ActionScript I have written so far, but I have 1 small problem....

If the two password fields are not identical, the submit button takes the user to a scene: ---- pin_retry ----.

Here the user must re-enter the password and password confirm in the two given fields.

The problem is that whatever the user typed in while on the -----pin_enter------ scene is still in the text boxes. I would like to set these text boxes back to NULL or EMPTY. I tried Set Variable on frame 1........ but can't seem to get anything to empty the text boxes.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Thanks!!!!!

Not too sure, but wouldn't renaming the p/w bozes on the second page sort this out?

yeah, re-nameing them would work, but the Security service on the server will only accept two Name/Value pairs for the text boxes. Therefore I can't use: pin01, pin02, pin03, pin04... I can only use the first two.

Thanks anyway though!!!

if the textboxes are referanced by instance name then you need to have this in frame 1 of the pin_retry scene:

pin.text = ""

if pin in the variable then have:

pin = ""

I've been doing A LOT of text stuff lately see: http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/freqfest/formv3/index.htm

Frequent-C
    http://www.Freq-Fest.com