A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: FLash in VB6 and Flash SDK?

Question

goes easy on a newbie ...

I've been able to import a Flash movie onto my form, but for the 'movie URL' is the net address an only option? How can I simply tell it to load the movie that is stored local in the same directory from which the program (exe) will be loaded (off of the hard drive)?

Can I go as far as opening new forms with my 'Flashed' UI? (do I simply change the 'action:OnPress:get URL' property of the button and put in the VB code? would that work? how else would I integrate a Flash UI into my app)

Is the Flash SDK out yet?

cheers,
    onepaul

------------------
    http://www.fly.to/totalgl2
    http://www.apolyton.net

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Wink

I dont know if you can just put the vb code in the url command to do the aciton. I know that jugglar ( a third party tool) uses an external exe to run there actions they create. try it and see what happens. You can just name the file in the url and it will launch the default program to run it. If they dont have the program nothing happens. And I know they released the SDK for the projector while we were at FF2000. Good luck, Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

Jugglar, heh? Gotta a link that?

thanx
    onepaul

hmmm... why oh why is everyone winking at me (not just these forums... hmm...)

edit: did I mention I hate spelling?
    ------------------
    TotalGL3
    Apolyton

[This message has been edited by onepaul (edited 29 April 2000).]

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

Sorry for the wink, actualy Im a pirate and my patch fell off. LOL Hope this is better, although I usualy get change put in my hand when I just stand around here with these things on. Here's the link your looking for
    www.***********.com

Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.