dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Organizing files

Where can I find information or an example of how to organize my files in a directory structure and be able to call movies from those directories?

For instance say my root folder has the main movie but I have my sound 'data.swf' files in a folder called sound? What is the syntax to use? Any example or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks

-SRG

The Folders in the library are only for YOUR organisation, not the movies. If the sound is in a folder called "sound files", then the target would be _root.sound -- if it was in a folder called "nav sounds" inside a folder called "whatever" inside another called "sounds", the target would be _root.sound --- the folders do not effect the actual object's placement in your movie.

Maybe I was not clear. When I create a site and have several files I dont want them all to be in a single folder when I upload to my website. Why have 20 or 30 files of mixed action scripts, text files, swf's and sounds stuffed in one folder. I would like to keep certain .swf files in their own folder on the hard drive within the directory structure.

Example:

main folder
    whoiam
    myresume
    contactme
    extactionscripts
    mytextfiles

my main movie would call the whoiam.swf file which is located in the whoiam directory on the hard drive. I would use _root.whoiam for that?

-SRG

if you have the main movie in the root of the domain

Code:
    loadMovieNum("http://www.mysite.com/swf/swf1.swf", 2); // 

//or

loadMovieNum("swf/swf1.swf", 2); //